How to transfer your characters and plots from Plotagon Story or Plotagon Education desktop applications over to Plotagon Studio
If you are switching from either of the now-discontinued Plotagon Education or Plotagon Story applications for Mac or Windows over to Plotagon Studio, you can bring your characters and plots with you! In fact, they will look even better once you can export them in beautiful 4K resolution. Just follow these easy instructions.
Plotagon saves your plots and characters locally on your computer’s hard drive, so in order for you to keep working on the plots you have in Story or Education you need to move them over to Studio.
(This process is nearly identical for both Plotagon Education and Plotagon Story, and on Mac and Windows.)
IMPORTANT: Do NOT uninstall Plotagon Story or Plotagon Education until you have completed the transfer process. As long as the application remains on your computer, your characters and movies will remain intact.
Part 1. Prepare yourself
- Download and install the Plotagon Studio application.
You can create your new account and then upgrade form a trial account to a subscription to remove the watermark and continue making movies after the trial period.
- If you have purchased any digital voices, make sure you have the same voices in Plotagon Studio.
If not, you can always assign these later. You can purchase voice packages from our digital voice store, or contact us to see if you are eligible to transfer past purchases over to Plotagon Studio. To download your voices, click on Settings (the gear icon) and then Manage voices.
- On your computer, locate either the “Plotagon” (for Plotagon Story) or “Plotagon Education” folder.
You can find this folder by doing a search of your hard drive, or check the C:\ProgramData\ folder on a Windows computer or “Documents” folder on a Mac. Leave this folder open. This is the source folder.
- On your computer, locate the “Plotagon Studio” folder.
You can find this folder by doing a search of your hard drive, or check the C:\ProgramData\ folder on a Windows computer or “Documents” folder on a Mac. This is the destination folder.
Part 2. Make the move
- Plotagon characters are in the “Bundles” subfolder. Copy the contents of the \Bundles folder in the source folder and place them in the Plotagon Studio\Bundles destination subfolder.
- Plotagon scripts (or plots) are in the “Plots” subfolder. Copy the contents of the \Plots source folder and place them in the Plotagon Studio\Plots destination subfolder.
Part 3. Pick up where you left off
- Restart the Plotagon Studio application, and log in if necessary.
All your old characters and scripts should be present. Open the scripts and hit the play button to be sure!
- When you are positive that you have successfully transferred over your characters and scripts, then you can uninstall Plotagon Story or Plotagon Education and continue working on your scripts in Plotagon Studio.
- If you encounter any difficulties in this process, then please visit our Support page.
If you need to contact us, then be sure to indicate which version of the application you are using as well as whether you are on Mac or Windows.