As our social media feeds, inboxes and websites fill with more information, we become increasingly selective about where we choose to focus our attention. Marketers know this, but that doesn’t mean they have less to say. It only means they need to rethink how they say it.
Telling is no longer enough. You need to show as well. That’s where video comes in.
Video can transform even the most complex information into something digestible, entertaining and engaging.
And marketers love it. A staggering 87% percent already use video content in their digital marketing strategies (Forbes) and two out of three marketers believe video will make up the majority of their content in the future (Adweek).
What makes video so powerful? Let’s run through the facts and figures:
- Consumers love it. That’s right. Consumer preference is the number one driving force behind the surge in demand for video. Seventy-eight percent say they watch video every week, whereas 55% say they watch every day (Wipster). And video content thrives on all devices. Especially mobile, where video consumption is on the rise, growing 100% annually (YouTube). So if you want to future-proof your content, video is the way.
- More people share visual content. People share video 1200% more than text and images combined (SmallBizTrends). This makes it an attractive choice for brands that want to reach and connect with consumers. Consumers are also ten times more likely to engage with, embed and comment on video compared to other content.
- Video promotes brand recall. Both visual and auditory, video appeals to all types of learners and is easier to recall. People who watch a video remember 95% of a message compared to only 10% when they read it in a text (Campaign Monitor). Considering that 65% of us are visual learners and 90% of all information transmitted through the brain is visual (DreamGrow), this doesn’t come as a surprise. Nor is it surprising that video is now the fastest growing form of marketing out there.
- Video is attractive. The numbers don’t lie. Adding video to a marketing email can boost click-through rates by 200-300% (Forbes)! People spend 88% more time on a website that includes video (BBN Times). And you guessed it, landing pages that embed video also show an 80% increase in conversion rates (HubSpot).
- Search engines love video too. Video will no doubt improve your SEO. After watching a branded video, 65% of business decision-makers say they visit a website (CSM Connected). If the site contains video, visitors are also more likely to stay longer on the site. Search engines like this, as it signals to them that the content is good. ComScore estimates that a website with video is 53 times more likely to show up first on Google (Dream Grow).
Needless to say, it’s time to introduce video in your content strategy. Otherwise chances are you will fall behind.
Animation is a great way to make your content engaging and entertaining. By adding facial expressions, movement and sound, animation can bring your ideas to life in a way that no text or image can. And it doesn’t cost a fortune. Whereas live videos demand more resources, money and time, animation only requires the right software.
Plotagon is an award-winning 3D animation software that makes content creation easy and fun. Whether you’re new to animation or experienced, it doesn’t matter. Plotagon automatically generates your stories from text to video in a few clicks.
All you have to do is design your characters, choose a location and write your story in the form of dialogue. Once this is done simply press play and watch your ideas come to life.